Develop the skills and knowledge employers are seeking and advance your career to senior levels in areas such as automotive, aerospace, petrochemical, scientific or manufacturing engineering applications.
- The accredited MSc will meet, in part, the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Accredited MSc graduates who also have a BEng(Hons) accredited for CEng will be able to show that they have satisfied the educational base for CEng registration
- Draw inspiration from our excellent industry links with major names such as Rolls-Royce, Toyota, Balfour Beatty, Bombardier and Pektron
- This programme has currently been accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Benefit from high-quality teaching which will keep you up to date with latest developments in everything from e-manufacturing to robotics
- Tailor your studies to your professional interests, including a major research project on a theme of your choice
- Develop your managerial skills to set you up for success in a global industry environment
Modules include: research methods: application and evaluation; advanced mechanical modelling and e-manufacturing; forensic engineering, failure analysis and prevention; cpd and strategic management; advanced mechanical design and manufacturing engineering; environmental performance management for sustainable development; robotics and manufacturing control systems; negotiated module; independent scholarship.
Assessment is by a mixture of coursework and examination as appropriate.
You will normally need an appropriate engineering or science undergraduate degree (2:2 or above), or an equivalent professional qualification, or significant industrial or professional experience following your initial qualification. If English is not your first language, you will also need an IELTS score of 6.5 or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.