Aston University, Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Our BSc Computer Science with Business course is offered as either a three or four year course with integrated placement year. We aim to produce graduate software developers who specialise in managing software development for business. We focus on the design, construction and application of computing systems to meet the requirements of business organisations. This programme has two main study themes: the methods of computing and how businesses operate and exploit computing effectively. The core of this programme is the design and construction of systems to inform management decision-making and facilitate business activity. You will extend your knowledge beyond the traditional business use of IT and be fully up to speed with new developments with the internet, e-business and distributed computing/multimedia systems. Career prospects continue to be strong for our computing scientists with their sound understanding of the principles and practical applications of computing. The majority of our graduates find stimulating and rewarding positions in computing related activities with suppliers and users or within a wide range of careers for which a university degree is a prerequisite e.g. programmer, systems analyst, systems engineer or teacher. Key course benefits:
- This course is one of only 16 in the UK to be accredited as an ITMB programme by the Tech Partnership, the UK’s network of employers creating skills for the digital economy, this gives our students access to top companies, projects, employer networking events and graduate opportunities
- Computer Science at Aston is ranked 4th for Graduate Prospects in the UK in the 2018 Complete University Guide
- 86% of Computer Science with Business students were satisfied with the Teaching on their course in the 2017 National Student Survey
- Computer Science is in the Top 25 for Teaching in the 2017 National Student Survey
- Aston Computer Science graduates go on to earn £3,000 more than the sector average, three years after graduation (LEO, 2017)
- Our optional placement year offers you the opportunity to gain valuable experience and set your studies in the context of a working environment, designed to boost your future employment prospects.
Subject Guide & Modules: This programme has two main study themes: the methods of computing and how businesses operate and exploit computing effectively. The core of this programme is the design and construction of systems to inform management decision-making and facilitate business activity. Computing for Business is approximately two thirds computing and one third business with considerable emphasis given to the integration of the two subjects. Since students join the programme from a variety of different backgrounds, year one brings everyone to the same level of knowledge. The principles of computer programme design and business organisation provide a firm grounding for the remaining two years of the programme. A wide range of options in the final year allow you to select specialised topics of particular interest to your chosen career. A full list of current modules is available on our website: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/eas/undergraduate/our-courses/bsc-computing-for-business/
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2020.
If you already have a 2020 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Aston University, Birmingham
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
EAS Undergraduate Admissions
0121 204 3030
0121 204 3030