Overview This multi-disciplinary digital media degree puts a strong focus on getting you ready to enter the job market. Through a combination of live industry briefs, expert guest speakers and the chance to work with specialist industry-experienced teaching staff, you will learn how to design and create across a range of digital platforms. Your studies will incorporate photography, video, motion graphics, visual effects, sound and web content as well as new and emerging technologies such as virtual reality and projection mapping. Our range of modules and briefs will allow you to tailor your digital media course to suit your interests and career aspirations. Our Digital Arts Centre has industry standard facilities and software, including Mac suites and study areas, as well as state-of-the-art specialist studio spaces for the creation of video, photography, visual effects and sound. You will also develop key conceptual skills, gaining an understanding of the cultural, historical and technological influences that continue to shape design and visual communication, alongside your creative and practical work. We encourage innovation in our constantly changing digital industry. Employers highly value multi-skilled creatives, with the visual communication skills necessary to produce effective campaigns across all digital media for a variety of audiences. Through our industry links, we have achieved a very high graduate employability rate and our graduates continue to drive key creative innovations in a range of sectors. We are proud of our Digital Media community, gaining 100% student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2019. Key Features
- 100% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2019
- Excellent graduate employability statistics
- State-of-the-art Digital Arts Centre with industry standard mac suites and software, video and photography studios with green screen, sound studio and study areas
- Extensive industry links, including live client briefs in collaboration with major national organisations, expert guest lectures and our own commercially experienced specialist staff team
- A wide range of digital media modules, including photography, video, visual effects and motion graphics, sound design, immersive design, web content and visual language. You can develop the multi-disciplinary expertise required in this rapidly evolving industry, and tailor the course to your own career aspirations
- Showcase your digital media talent with our final year Degree Show - a prestigious private view opens the exhibition, with industry professionals offering employment opportunities.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.