Developed via consultation with industry bodies like the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and commercial sport operators, this dynamic course will prepare you for a career in an ever-changing industry. Why study BSc (Hons) Sport Management at BU?
- Blending academic and practical elements, this course will support you to become a critically-informed and well-rounded graduate, ready to manage, influence and lead in the world of work
- Develop a detailed understanding of sport, management, marketing, leadership, finance and business principles, with an appreciation of their complex global social contexts
- Gain varied practical experience from course placement options providing you with fantastic opportunities to put your learning into practice and make professional connections
- We have developed an international reputation in the management of sport, events and physical activity, and continue to shape sport research, policy and practice
- Our range of collaborative projects with local and international partners, provide opportunities for you to engage in educational, research and work activities with our global partner intuitions across the world
- You'll be career-ready with 96% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating (Source DiscoverUni 2022).
Year 1 core units include: Beginning Research in Sport & Exercise; Principles of Sport Management; Sport Marketing; Financial Reporting for Sport; Sport Structures & Processes; Sport, Culture & Society
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, please submit your deferral request through our website. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please visit our RPL webpage for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first languge, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading or equivalent.|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|