Writtle University College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Why you should study Agriculture at WUC...
- We are situated in the main arable region of Essex with access to many farms including our own 100 hectares of crop production together with pig, sheep and cattle units.
- You will have the opportunity to use both the Writtle farm and the close links with industry via study tours to widen your knowledge and experience.
- You will get hands-on with our arable land, a variety of livestock and machinery in practical assignments and teaching sessions.
- You will receive interactive teaching throughout, developing leadership skills while building confidence in the contribution you can make to the industry.
- We place an emphasis on making science applied and highly relevant, providing you with a deep understanding of the reasons behind agricultural management decisions.
- We welcome students from both farming and non-farming backgrounds. Extra tutorial support is provided to build up an understanding of the sector and develop academic skills if you need it.
- You will learn from expert academic staff who have fantastic connections within the UK and across Europe.
- You will benefit from modern assessment strategies, which are not just about exams, but also real-life case studies and presentations.
- We produce award-winning and high-profile alumni, including two of the last three farm ministers.
- You will have opportunities for frequent interaction with lecturers providing one-to-one feedback and a personal approach to students.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
If you would like to discuss entry requirements please email [email protected]
Additional entry requirements
The entry requirements listed represent typical offers for some of the most popular courses. We use the UCAS tariff when making offers and to determine whether you have met the conditions of our offer. Applicants are selected on their individual merits and offers can vary. We have an inclusive Admissions policy which recognises a broad range of qualifications, both academic and vocational and take into account relevant practical skills. Applicants studying a mixture of qualifications (e.g. A Level with BTEC, Advanced Technical Diplomas) are also warmly welcomed. Please contact our undergraduate Admissions Team for further advice on our entry requirements. Telephone: +44 (0)1245 424200 Email: [email protected]
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|