This course brings together sophisticated computer tools, engineering and creativity to produce design engineers for the twenty-first century. Why study BSc (Hons) Design Engineering (Top-up) at BU?
- Learn to use the latest solid modelling, rendering and product simulation tools to create and evaluate your own designs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles underlying the product development process
- Based on an individual project, you’ll have access to cutting-edge facilities in our Innovation Centre including 3D scanners and printers, modern manufacturing & technical workshops and prototyping facilities
- Display your design project in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering.
- You’ll be career-ready with 90% of our graduates in employment or further education after 15 months (source DiscoverUni 2021).
You will study a number of core units including Mechanical and Electronic System Design and Business Development, with a final design project.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Engineering Designers, Institution of
- Mechanical Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|