OVERVIEW This course is designed to prepare you for studying on any of our economics pathways. It will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to study for the full honours degree, even if you don’t currently meet the academic requirements. You'll develop your study skills including academic writing and personal and professional development to start you off in the best possible way for your degree. You will learn more about business in a global and national context, and approaches to leading and managing in organisations. The foundation year also gives you the ability to develop your analytical skills and learn how to incorporate data to add real value to achieve organisational objectives. Once you’ve passed, you’ll be ready to start your degree course. That means your degree will take four years, or five years if it includes a work placement or year studying abroad. Our BA/BSc (Hons) Economics degree will encourage you to explore how organisations invest and allocate their resources. Throughout the course, we’ll challenge you to think about choices people make and how those decisions affect every aspect of our lives. You’ll explore everything from employment to distribution of wealth, government spending and international trade. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Adapt to university life – develop your study skills, prepare for a full degree course and familiarise yourself with our city centre campus.
- Funding support – you can apply for student finance (e.g. tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Latest research and practice – learn from leading economists who are shaping economic development in Manchester, post-Brexit Britain and fast-growing European economies.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Supporting you in person and online – student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade D/3 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course