This degree in game design and game development provides the creative and technical skills you need for a career in video game development. This games design and development degree combines all the aspects of theory, practice and technology essential to your career. You'll learn games programming and get the chance to discover the creative aspects of the games industry through practical projects. You'll experience the theory, technology, practice and application of computing and the development of computer games, together with skills in digital design and development. Graduates of this degree have been employed in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) sectors, as well as in smaller independent studios. What you should know about this course
- You will have the opportunity to specialise in programming or modelling and animation, and build a broad range of skills with a general games design and development degree
- Through a series of projects, you will gain theoretical knowledge and will have the opportunity to acquire practical experience
- This course is designed for those who wish to pursue a career in computer game development and/or developing gaming content for related applications in serious games or mobile
- For eight consecutive years the University of Greenwich has been shortlisted by TIGA for Best Educational Institute
- The University of Greenwich has a long-standing relationship with the British Computer Society (BCS), which accredits our computing degree programmes. As this programme was extensively updated in 2019, it has a current designation of Initial Full Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP) accreditation for the 2019 intake. The accreditation status is expected to be confirmed in autumn 2022 after the first cohort of students graduate. Students will be kept updated on the status of this. In the very unlikely event that this does not progress as expected the university will support students with individual BCS membership applications at the point of graduation.
All degree courses are made up of modules – individual units of study on different topics. Some modules are compulsory; others can be chosen from a list of options. Our website has full details of your degree structures, module content, and how each module is assessed. The direct link to this course on our website, can be found at the bottom of this page.
On this course, students are assessed by take-home exams, coursework and practice assessments on campus where required. Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include 'practice' assessments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
We accept A Levels, T Levels, BTECs, International Baccalaureate (IB), Access to HE courses, or equivalent level 3 qualifications. We also accept equivalent qualifications at Level 2, such as Functional Skills in mathematics and English.
English language requirements
For more information about our English Language Requirements, please click on the following link.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
020 8331 9000