Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information Course summary
- Learn from expert colleagues in local and regional primary schools
- Develop subject expertise through both university and placement-based training
- Apply theory, research and evidence to meet the Teachers’ Standards and develop critical reflection skills
- Study inclusive practices that promote positive outcomes for all learners
- Explore an area of individual specialism to enhance your expertise and practice
- Lectures and smaller group seminars
- Individual and group tutorials
- School placements supported by university tutors and your school-based mentor
- Individual reflection and goal-setting
- Feedback on academic work and school-based practice
- Workshops and simulations
- Intensive training and practice episodes
- Independent study
- Collaborative projects
- Essays and presentations
- Lesson plans, teaching and evaluation
- Independent research projects
Year 1 Compulsory modules An Introduction To Teaching And Learning How Children Learn: 5-11 Introduction To Curriculum And Pedagogy: 5-11 Subject Focus: Early Reading And Early Maths Year 2 Compulsory modules Designing Learning Sequences: 5-11 Developing A Specialism Inclusive Environments For Behaviour And Learning: 5-11 Placement 2 The Teaching, Learning And Assessment Cycle: 5-11 Final year Compulsory modules Debates In Education: 5-11 Educational Enquiry Placement 3 Reflecting On Professional Practice And Development
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We will also accept Grade B from CACHE Diploma in Child Care and Education.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
If you are shortlisted, we will invite you to a selection event and you should present a passport or photo driving license. You can present other forms of photo ID for the selection event, but if you do, you will still need to present valid identity documents required by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) prior to starting your course. Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|With a minimum of 6.5 in all skills.
If English is not your first language, you must have an IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in all skills or equivalent. For equivalents see our English language entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.