The course focuses on the demands of the modern Engineering workplace encompassing the main engineering disciplines. This will reflect contemporary practices, emphasise practical skills and student employability. High levels of support are a cornerstone of the programme, with students working on diverse realistic projects throughout their final year. With the pace of technological development, engineering should be considered as applied problem-solving. Integrating the different technologies at the heart of modern engineering, this course aims to provide a grounding in a variety of different engineering disciplines before developing skills in accessing information, converting it into knowledge and applying and evaluating it. Successful graduates will not only gain the knowledge for a successful career in engineering, but also the highly sought after skills to be self-managing, self-developing individuals. Key course benefits;
- Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University.
- You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our in-house Careers & Employability department.
- You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in Coventry, London and Scarborough.
- In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
- Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
- We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
- We teach Autodesk Revit, which is a very popular architectural, structural and building information management software.
- Hands-on experience devising, creating and implementing your ideas. Previous projects from CU Group students have included design of low cost digital keypad lock with LCD display as part of a home security system, investigation and design of a GPS Guided autonomous robot and reverse engineering, investigation and analysis of a headphone band.
Your main study themes are: Independent and autonomous working: You will gain the ability to critically appraise an engineering scenario, with a view to apply modern technologies to improve efficiency or effectiveness. Industry Adaptation: Factors that influence engineering, policies and processes which includes the competitive marketplace, supply chain, technology development, legislation and environmental factors. Project Management: You will be effective and efficient in project management, time management and organisation. You will be introduced to a number of applications and processes to facilitate the successful development of management skills. Research Methods: Critical analysis, reflection, information searching and experimental design in engineering, data collection, analysis and design. For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University Group.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course