Aston University, Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Our BSc Computer Science course is offered as either a three or four year course with integrated placement year. We aim to produce graduate software engineers who specialise in object-oriented software design and implementation. The practical orientation of our programmes will enable you to gain the range of professional and technical skills you will need to design and deliver the next generation of high-quality software systems. Throughout the course, you will develop expertise in software development and the key applications of computing science in each year of the programme. Particular emphasis is placed on applications in industry and commerce. The final-year project and options will enable you to follow specialisms of particular interest or career relevance. Career prospects continue to be strong for our computer scientists with their sound understanding of the principles and practical applications of computing. The majority of our graduates find stimulating and rewarding positions in computing related activities with suppliers and users or within a wide range of careers for which a university degree is a prerequisite e.g. programmer, systems analyst, systems engineer or teacher. Key course benefits:
- Accredited for Chartered IT Professional (CITP), the British Computer Society's Chartered qualification, this gives students the right to join the British Computer Society (BCS), the principal organisation for IT professionals in the UK
- Ranked 9th out of 102 institutes in the UK for this course (Guardian League Table 2017)
- 88% Overall Satisfaction in the 2017 National Student Survey
- Computer Science at Aston is ranked 4th for Graduate Prospects in the UK in the 2018 Complete University Guide
- Computer Science is in the Top 25 for Teaching in the 2017 National Student Survey
- Aston Computer Science graduates go on to earn £3,000 more than the sector average, three years after graduation (LEO, 2017)
- Our optional placement year offers you the opportunity to gain valuable experience and set your studies in the context of a working environment, designed to boost your future employment prospects.
Your final-year project and options will enable you to follow specialisms of particular interest or career relevance. Your project could be based on a topic from an extensive list or you can suggest your own, perhaps based on your professional placement.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2020.
If you already have a 2020 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Aston University, Birmingham
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
EAS Undergraduate Admissions
0121 204 3030
0121 204 3030