Do you want to develop the medicines of the future? Be at the cutting edge of modern medicine, gain invaluable experience, make essential connections, and be paid for your efforts. This Biopharmaceutical Development with Industrial Placement Masters is your opportunity to develop and build the necessary skill-set needed to flourish within the field of biopharmaceutical discovery & development. What better way to start your career than with a paid 12-month placement, earning up to £20,000 whilst working with an industry leading company. Biopharmaceutical drugs are completely revolutionising the way we treat patients and fight diseases such as cancer and arthritis. Because of this there has been an explosion of growth in the sector, creating a huge demand for talented, well-trained graduates. Designed, developed and delivered in partnership with Labcorp Drug Development (formerly known as Covance), this programme provides you with a springboard into a career in this industry. Course highlights
- This programme has been recognised for its industry relevant training, receiving the prestigious Princess Royal Training Award 2020.
- Designed to fast-track you into the industry.
- You’ll undertake a 12-month paid position in the industry as part of the course earning up to £20,000.
- You will gain an integrated understanding of the full biological drug development pathway.
- Accumulate a deep understanding of the regulatory framework.
- Learn from world-leading tutors from academia and industry.
- Learn how to operate in a corporate environment.
- This course is 20-months long and includes a 12-month industrial placement. We also offer a 12-month long MSc Biopharmaceutical Development course which includes a research project.
How to apply
This course has a subject classification which requires students whose nationality is outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to have an ATAS certificate, irrespective of country of residence at the point of application.
Further information can be found on the UK Government's website: www.gov.uk/academic-technology-approval-scheme
Normally a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in a Biological Sciences subject, Bioprocessing or Biochemical Engineering, but relevant experience may be taken into account. In addition, applicants will need to demonstrate leadership potential, which might be evidenced from academic, sporting, volunteering or other professional experience.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government.