Wish to pursue a career in domestic and global organisations or the not-for-profit sector? We’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and the professional bodies – so you can gain all the core academic and practical skills you’ll need to adapt and succeed in the globally changing business landscape. Your foundation year will teach you all the academic skills you require to progress onto the full degree programme. Why Choose University of Cumbria We’ll provide you with a firm grasp of operations management, economics and business management, while enabling you to develop core skills in problem-solving, decision-making, team-working and communications. But you won’t just learn theoretically about business management - you’ll be doing it, thanks to our innovative teaching. From leading a lecture to turning the classroom into an office, you’ll get every opportunity to become the confident and effective manager that employers demand in today’s dynamic business environment.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are in employment or further study within 6 months of graduating (DLHE 2017)
- Use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work - informed by academic theory and current thinking – to present to a future employer
- You get great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- Study in a professional environment in our dedicated Business School
- Tailor-make your own courses to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
- Opportunity to study abroad to gain international business experience
- Access to new and modern social and study spaces, technology and facilities
Foundation year - Compulsory modules: Essential University Skills 1, Contemporary Issues and the Media, Business Innovation, Essential University Skills 2, Leading and Managing Individuals and Organisations, Individual Case Study. Year one - Compulsory modules: Managing People and Organisations, The Business Environment, Introduction to Business Finance, Fundamentals of Business, Principles of Marketing, Management Accounting. Year two - Compulsory modules: Organisational Behaviour, Responsibility, ethics and sustainability in practice, Human Resource Management, Theory and Practice, Sandwich Placement (As appropriate for your target award), Services Marketing, Managing Operations, International Economics. Year three - Compulsory modules: Strategic Analysis, Business Psychology, Global Business, Digital Marketing. Optional modules (subject to availability and demand): Applied Business Research and Analysis, Independent Project, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
If you are over 21 and returning to study after being in relevant employment for a minimum of 3 years and do not meet the published entry requirements for Year 1 of our degree courses, please do not assume you are not qualified to join us. Our experienced Admissions and Academic staff will review your prior qualifications and professional experience to support your application. The Integrated Foundation Year programmes support your return to education and are specifically designed for students who have the ability to study for a degree but may not have all the necessary qualifications, skills or experience to join the degree in Year 1. Contact our Course Enquiries Team for more information.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6000||Year 1|