Make a difference and join a business management foundation degree created with industry and professional bodies, where you’ll learn to manage a range of departments and develop the skill set needed to stand out. Course Overview If you’re looking for a foundation course in business that will enable you to discover your own personal leadership skills and those of others around you, then this course is for you. Your introductory year has been designed to support you in developing essential university skills and the confidence needed to progress on to our degree level programme. You will study management from a range of perspectives and address the big issues facing modern business. Industry-active tutors and resources will ensure learning stays current. You’ll become business-ready through access to the latest technology. Classroom activities, including leading lectures and mock office environments, will build managerial confidence. Our employer network will provide a strong practical insight, while challenge and creativity will develop your problem-solving, decision-making and team-working skills. On this course you will...
- Develop the skills to bring change to organisations.
- Learn how to meet the diverse needs of employees.
- Learn how to shape an organisational vision.
- Learn how to communicate effectively.
- Develop confidence to lead others.
- Essential University Skills One
- Contemporary Issues and the Media
- Business Innovation
- Essential University Skills Two
- Leading and Managing Individuals and Organisations
- Individual Case Study
- Managing People and Organisations
- The Business Environment
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Fundamentals of Business
- Principles of Marketing
- Management Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour
- Responsibility, Ethics And Sustainability In Practice
- Human Resource Management, Theory and Practice
- Sandwich Placement (As appropriate for your target award)
- Services Marketing
- Managing Operations
- International Economics
- Strategic Analysis
- Business Psychology
- Global Business
- Digital Marketing
- Applied Business Research and Analysis (optional module)
- Independent Project (optional module)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional module)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
If you are over 21 and returning to study after being in relevant employment for a minimum of 3 years and do not meet the published entry requirements for Year 1 of our degree courses, please do not assume you are not qualified to join us. Our experienced Admissions and Academic staff will review your prior qualifications and professional experience to support your application. The Integrated Foundation Year programmes support your return to education and are specifically designed for students who have the ability to study for a degree but may not have all the necessary qualifications, skills or experience to join the degree in Year 1. Contact our Course Enquiries Team for more information.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|