Leeds Beckett University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Developed in response to the government’s drive for a more physically active and healthier nation, this course will equip you with the knowledge, experience and skills to thrive in the field of physical activity, exercise and health. You will examine the key disciplines of the exercise sciences and physical activity policies, from the causes of disease, to behaviour change strategies, and you will look at the design of interventions which promote and enhance the nation’s health, through prevention and treatment. From this, you will learn to design and deliver your own physical activity, exercise and health programmes that can have a lasting and positive impact on people's lives. RESIDENTIALS During your first year you will have the opportunity to take part in a residential experience. This will be a chance to meet new friends and take part in a number of challenges to develop your problem solving and team working skills. Activities can include rock climbing, gorge scrambling, mountaineering, walking, canoeing and kayaking.
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Psychology of Physical Activity & Behaviour Change
- Anatomy & Physiology for Physical Activity, Exercise & Health
- Research and Personal Development for Physical Activity, Exercise & Health
- Nutrition & Biochemistry for Physical Activity, Exercise & Health
- Applied Exercise Teaching
- Leadership of Physical Activity in Young People
- Science of Lifelong Physical Activity, Exercise & Health
- Principles & Practice of Physical Activity & Public Health
- Employability in Physical Activity, Exercise & Health
- Research Methods for Physical Activity, Exercise & Health
- Nutrition for Health & Active Lifestyles
- Intervention Design & Evaluation
- Population Physical Activity, Exercise & Health Promotion
- Final Year Project
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Headingley Campus|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||112 points||72 from two A Levels or equivalent, excluding General Studies. At least one of these should normally be from a science-related science subject, which can include Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Education, Psychology or Sociology. If you are studying Biology, Chemistry or Physics to meet this requirement you must also achieve a 'Pass' in the practical assessment, where that practical assessment is separated (from 2017)|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||GCSE English Language and Maths at Grade C or above (Grade 4 for those sitting their GCSE from 2017 onwards) or equivalent. Key Skills Level 2, Functional Skills Level 2 and the Certificate in Adult Literacy/Numeracy are accepted in place of GCSEs.|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
Leeds Beckett University
Clearing contact details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
After applying email the Admissions team
0113 812 3113