Accounting refers to a wide range of topics within a vast research field which covers themes including: management accounting, reporting and analysis and accountable accounting. You will explore qualitative and quantitative methods of research specifically designed to reflect the field of accounting. MRes Accounting is designed for those wishing to follow a career in research and/or academia there is a strong research focus in this degree, although there are some taught elements which will support your knowledge of the research field. An MRes is the ideal first step if you hope to progress to doctoral studies, such as PhD. You deepen your thinking about accounting and develop a broader understanding of the changing roles and perception of accounting within an ever-changing social context. MRes Accounting explores research and accounting theory issues, such as:
- research skills, including both quantitative and qualitative approaches
- theoretical stances underpinning different approaches to research
- how to design a research proposal, including construction of research questions and/or hypotheses
- launching and managing a research project, including data collection, analysis and interpretation
- corporate reporting and analysis
- management accounting
Entry requirements for this course can be found on the course finder on the University of Essex website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£13030||Whole course|
|Republic of Ireland||£13030||Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||£13030||Whole course|
Additional fee information
University of Essex
Clearing contact detailsSign up to be kept in the loop!
Course contact detailsVisit our course page