Aston University is The Guardian's 'University of the Year' 2020. Course outline As a student on our BSc (Hons) Business Management and English Language course, you will be taught by lecturers who are internationally recognised researchers in fields such as leadership communication, marketing, economic development, multi-national enterprises, forensic linguistics, language and gender and TESOL. This course takes a practical approach to both subject areas through professionally relevant modules which draw directly on Aston’s ground-breaking research. You will gain a theoretical knowledge and understanding of the English language, how it works in society and organisations, and its role in the world today. You will also gain the academic knowledge and the commercial and leadership skills of business management. With a professional placement year as one of its key features, the programme is geared towards increasing your employability by providing you with the knowledge and skills required of professionals working in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Key benefits
- As part of your degree you’ll undertake a professional placement year, gaining valuable practical experience that employers demand.
- English at Aston scored 92 per cent for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey, 2020).
- English at Aston was ranked 1st in the UK for ‘student to staff ratio’ (Guardian, 2020). This measure compares the number of staff teaching a subject with the number of students studying it. With smaller class sizes and more teaching staff available, English students at Aston can benefit from a more personalised and comprehensive learning experience.
- Employed Aston business graduates earn £11,000 (40 per cent) more than the UK average, five years after graduation (Longitudinal Education Outcomes, 2020).
- Business modules delivered by the triple-accredited Aston Business School – one of just 1 per cent of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation.
For more information on this course and a full list of modules, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/business-management-and-english-language-bsc
For more information on the methods of assessment on this course, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/business-management-and-english-language-bsc
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed carefully, including previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard. However, any offer made will not be lower than stated above. Entry onto our Foundation Year maybe offered as an alternative to the degree course if lower entry grades are achieved. Aston University welcomes applications from students with a wide range of qualifications from the UK and overseas, including combinations of qualifications. If your qualifications are not listed here and you wish to check whether they meet the entry requirements for this course, please contact the university.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|