University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
If you’re looking for a business course to improve your financing techniques, no matter which field of business you wish to pursue, our vocational course will give you an edge in the industry. We’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and professional bodies – so you can gain all the accounting and finance academic and practical skills you’ll need to adapt and succeed in the globally changing business landscape. Why Choose University of Cumbria You’ll get a firm grasp of the fundamentals of business with a sound knowledge of applied financial theories, concepts and resources. But you won’t just learn theoretically about business - you’ll be doing it. With our innovative teaching you’ll find yourself leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a mock accountant’s office, giving you every opportunity to build your boardroom and business confidence and bolster your business practice.
- Use the latest technology and packages needed for the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional businesses and with partnerships nationally and internationally boosts your placement and employment prospects
- Opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- Great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- You can tailor make your own courses to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be, boosting your employability
Year one - Compulsory modules: Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Financial Management, Audit and Assurance in Practice, Business Valuation and Financial Risk, Management Accounting for Managing Performance. Optional modules (subject to availability and demand): Advanced Taxation, Negotiated Project.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma or Diploma of Higher Education in an appropriate subject.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|