Overview In this course, you'll delve deep into the art of Film and Media, exploring their rich history, theory, and societal impact. You'll analyse and deconstruct the messages within texts, gaining a profound understanding of Media and Film and applying this in your creative process. We'll place a camera in your hands from day one, and our experienced lecturers will guide you through the entire filmmaking process, from concept to post-production. With top-notch equipment and industry-standard software available to students all year round in our Digital Arts Centre, you'll turn your creative ideas into captivating films. Whether you dream of being a director, reviewer, screenwriter, or editor, we'll equip you with the knowledge and practical skills to excel. Key features
- Dynamic curriculum informed by the very latest research innovations on the media and film industries and associated contemporary cultural issues. Our lecturing team frequently publish their research and your learning is informed by this expertise
- Study in our purpose-built Digital Arts Centre, which includes a video studio, sound studio, individual edit suites and high-spec computer labs with the latest image manipulation, editing and sound post-production software
- Develop a solid portfolio of work, which can act as your springboard for a career in the creative and media industries
- You will be introduced to leading innovators in the media, technology and creative industries. Our regional and national professional contacts include: digital marketing agencies, public relations agencies; immersive media agencies; A & R music representatives working with NFTs; local political party offices; award-winning content creatives; galleries and museums; festival and event organisers; charities and youth work
- Benefit from regular visits, guest lectures and feedback from top industry experts
- The University of Worcester has been ranked in the top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in the Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings every year since its inception in 2019. The University has also been ranked in the top 5 in the UK for Gender Equality in all years of the rankings and currently holds the number one spot (2023).
- Worcester rose to become the number one English university (excluding specialist institutions) for sustained employment, further study, or both, three and five years after graduation in the 2022 Government-published Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey, having been in the top 10 in 2020 and 2021. 96% of our graduates are in work or further study 15 months after graduating (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2022).
- Worcester is a leader in sustainability and has been awarded First Class Honours in the People and Planet Green League each and every year since 2009. In 2019, the University was named Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards and was Highly Commended in the global awards at the UN.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course