You have a passion for the outdoors and a desire to share it with others. Studying this Outdoor and Experiential Learning top-up course will enable you to consolidate your knowledge and experience in outdoor education whilst enjoying great facilities at our Lake District campus. This course is designed for you if you have a Foundation Degree or HND in Outdoor Education, or similar. And it's perfect if you haven’t got a firm career path in mind. Course Overview If you’re an adventure-lover seeking a career in the outdoors, and have completed a related foundation degree or HND, then what better place than within 912 square miles of the iconic Lake District National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From your unrivalled base in Ambleside, you’ll have more than 150 lofty peaks, 16 lakes and an abundance of rivers – quite literally a classroom on your doorstep. And you’ll use it often, because we don’t separate practical experience from academic knowledge – it is integral to it – so you’ll always back up your theoretical knowledge with real-life scenarios. On this course you will...
- Be able to work with a range of groups in order to further develop you facilitation skills.
- Be able to undertake a personal research project on a subject of your choice which will help you in your future career aspirations.
- Have access to a range of outdoor equipment that you can utilise in your free time to further develop your technical skills.
- Be part of a larger community of students and share some modules which will help with your networking and opportunity to make the most of your time in Cumbria.
- Outdoor Experiential Education: Theory and Practice
- Outdoor Education Contexts
- Bridging the Gap: Research Skills
- International Applications of Outdoor Education
- Leadership in Complex Skill Environments
- Therapeutic Experiences in the Outdoors
- Participant Coaching in Outdoor Activities
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant subject
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|