- Learn about real-life applications of mathematics, including mathematical and numerical approaches to modelling, problem-solving, and statistical methods.
- Use modern software and technology to apply mathematical techniques, and develop your analysis and interpretation skills to provide solutions for a variety of applications.
- Work as part of a learning community within a maths-specific shared learning space.
- IT sessions
- problem-based and practical activity-based sessions
- group and individual project work
- the opportunity to act as a mentor for other students
- progress meetings
- reflective action planning
- written or electronic coursework assignments
- in-class tests
- NHS England
- Department of Health
- Royal Mail
Year 1 Compulsory modules Mathematical Methods 20 Mathematical Modelling 1 20 Mathematical Technology 20 Number And Structure 20 Probability And Statistics 20 Elective modules Explorations In Mathematics 20 Foreign Language 20 Year 2 Compulsory modules Dynamical Systems & Fourier Analysis 20 Linear & Discrete Mathematics 20 Mathematical Analysis 20 Mathematical Modelling 2 20 Statistical Theory And Methods 20 Elective modules Business Mathematics 20 Foreign Language 20 Mathematics Education 20 Programming With Mathematical Applications 20 Pure Mathematics In Practice 20 Year 3 Optional modules Placement Year Final year Compulsory modules Advanced Modelling Case Studies 20 Project 40 Elective modules Abstract Algebra 20 Data Mining With Business Applications 20 Fluid Flow 20 Foreign Language 20 Game Theory And Recreational Mathematics 20 Mathematical Biology 20 Mathematical Finance 20 Modelling With Partial Differential Equations 20 Statistical Inference 20 Statistics For Business, Industry And Finance 20 Tensors And Relativity 20
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Mathematics and its Applications, Institute of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.