If you have a Higher National Diploma or a foundation degree in a related subject, you can join us to top-up your credits to a full degree. You’ll learn everything you need to succeed in the tourism and hospitality sector over the course of one year. And at the end of the course, you have the option to go on placement and put what you’ve learned into practice. Like our International hospitality business management course, we cover a wide range of topics to build up your skills, ready for working in this exciting sector. This is the right course for you if you want to focus more on tourism and less on the business side of things – although there are plenty of opportunities to develop your managerial skills. It’s also ideal for students from a wider range of academic backgrounds. Work towards your dream career As well as core modules covering the essential knowledge you’ll need, we offer a range of options to pick from. Interested in hotel operations? Or crisis management? Throughout your degree, you’ll explore a range of subjects to help you focus your interests and specialise further. Our lecturers have strong links to businesses in the sector so they’re always up-to-date with the latest developments. They’re constantly adapting the course content to reflect changes in the world. You’ll take recent events into account, working to understand the effects of the pandemic and how you can help the sector overcome its challenges. Practical experience alongside your studies You won’t just learn in the lecture theatre. Lots of your work will be practical to help you build up your experience. As well as networking and work experience opportunities during the course, you have the option to complete a year’s placement after you’ve finished your studies. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accreditation – study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Get an industry mentor – students are given the opportunity to be mentored by general managers from some of the best hotels in Manchester including Doubletree by Hilton, Hotel Gotham and The Lowry Hotel. Expand your networks and receive expert advice on how to pursue a career in the industry.
- Gain practical skills – throughout the course, we’ll show you how to apply your knowledge, and you can put it into practice with optional work experience.
- Learn about tourism around the world – with our international partners and our global focus, we’ll prepare you for a career anywhere in the world.
- Study and work in Manchester – packed with restaurants, bars, hotels and attractions, this thriving city is a powerhouse in the tourism sector.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Completion of International Hospitality Diploma in HE or equivalent.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.0 (with no individual element below 5.5) or equivalent
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course