This degree has been developed to give you a solid overview in the discipline of environmental science, as well as looking at how humans shape the world around us and how humanity can tackle the issues arising from this. Why study BSc (Hons) Environmental Science at BU?
- Gain practical experience gained through fieldwork, lab work, computing, data analysis, report writing, and work placements
- Fieldwork is carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including the World Heritage Site Jurassic Coast, East Devon World Heritage Coast, and the New Forest
- Opportunities for you to learn through fieldwork by joining staff-led research projects overseas
- Our students work in partnership with our staff to co-create featured projects, collaborating with professional practitioners
- Gain valuable work experience on an optional placement in a real-world working environment, with a range of local, national and international companies and institutions.
- You’ll be career-ready with 95% graduates from our environmental sciences courses in employment after 15 months. (source DiscoverUni 2022)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information