Our BA (Hons) Fashion Design course has an established reputation, with exceptional national and international links within the fashion Industry, as well as a recognised global presence. NTU fashion graduates are renowned within the industry for their creative, innovative and directional design skills, as well as a strong underlying awareness of commerciality, sustainability and technologies. Key features
- Get involved with competitions and live projects with companies like Oasis, Boohoo, Mulberry, ASOS, River Island and Burberry.
- Benefit from guest lecturers such as Giles Deacon, Christopher Raeburn, and internationally renowned Japanese pattern cutting expert Shingo Sato.
- Go on optional international study trips to events like Paris Fashion Week.
- Opportunity to apply for a European or international exchange to one of our partner institutions, including the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and more.
- Exhibit your work in our Showcase in your final year., with the opportunity to be selected for Graduate Fashion Week, London.
- NTU are ranked 13th in the UK for Fashion and Textiles. (Guardian University League Tables 2023).
- Curiosity: Creative Exploration and Research (40 credit points, full year)
- Curiosity: Creative Development and Application for Fashion Design (80 credit points, full year)
- Directions: Industry and Context for Fashion Design (40 credit points, first half of the year)
- Directions: Innovation and Transition for Fashion Design (40 credit points, second half of the year)
- Co Lab: Research, Exploration and Risk-Taking (20 credit points, second half of the year)
- Optional module (20 credit points, first half of the year). Choose one optional module from:
- Resolutions: Culture and Context (20 / 40 credit points, the full year)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
A lower offer may be made based on a range of factors, including your background (such as where you live and the school or college you attended), your experiences and individual circumstances (you may have been in care, for example). This is called a contextual offer and we get data from UCAS to make these decisions. NTU offers a student experience like no other, and this approach helps us to find students who have the potential to succeed here, but may have faced barriers that can make it more difficult to access university. We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course