The Integrated Foundation Year (IFY) offers a new and exciting route into studying for a degree, attracting ambitious and driven students who are willing to learn and advance. If you have non-standard qualifications or do not quite meet the admissions requirements we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to study a four year programme which includes an Integrated Foundation Year. The Integrated Foundation Year will help you develop the theoretical/practical and academic skills you need, in order to successfully progress to the full award. Featuring a reduced tuition fee in the first year, our four-year courses will enable you to successfully follow the degree pathway of your choice while gaining essential study skills. The foundation year of your chosen degree will be studied on a full-time basis and is aimed at supporting the transition to higher education. Years two, three and four are then studied as a standard degree programme. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
Stage 1a: • Transition to University – Learning to Learn (compulsory) • Investigating Your Subject (compulsory) • Foundations in Life Sciences (compulsory) • Negotiated Learning Project (compulsory) Stage 1b: • Biochemistry and Cell Biology (compulsory) • Introduction to Microbiology (compulsory) • Genetics and Molecular Biology (compulsory) • Fundamentals of Immunology (compulsory) • Anatomy & Physiology (compulsory) • Biomedical Laboratory Practice (compulsory) Stage 2: • Bioscience Research Methods (compulsory) • Genes and Genomics (compulsory) • Pharmacology (compulsory) • Infection & Immunity (compulsory) • Processes of Life: Biochemistry (compulsory) • Cellular Pathology (compulsory) Optional Placement Year. Stage 3: • Biomedical Science Research Project (compulsory) • Integrated Medical Genetics (compulsory) • Medical Microbiology (compulsory) • Clinical Biochemistry (compulsory) • Haematology and Transfusion Science (compulsory) Module information is quoted for 2023 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
You are expected to have studied a science subject
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6750||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£6750||Year 1|