Overview Are you a senior manager who wants to develop your knowledge and skills to MBA level or are you looking to progress into a senior management role in the future? This part-time degree apprenticeship for people with professional experience prepares you for senior leadership and management roles in private, public and third-sector organisations. It doesn't cost you anything because the Government and your employer pay your fees. You'll study on day release from your job. You'll develop your leadership and entrepreneurial capabilities and build expertise in areas such as corporate communications, financial management, business strategy and change management. You’ll study with peers from other industries and immediately apply what you learn in your job. Graduates can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) following completion of the programme. Part-time MBA option You can also do this Strategic Leadership MBA as a standard part-time MBA. This option isn't funded by the Government's apprenticeship levy, but it is eligible for some postgraduate funding such as a postgraduate student loan. What you'll experience On this MBA degree apprenticeship course, you'll:
- Link theory and research to management practice by applying what you learn to your current role and workplace
- Learn from staff with research and consultancy experience, and links with industry
- Work on an applied project to deliver practical value for your own organisation (or another) by analysing a challenge or opportunity and providing useful recommendations
- Hone your analytical and research skills
- Use your Applied Learning Portfolio to demonstrate how you’re applying new knowledge and behaviours in a work-based context
- Participate in a Leadership in Action Forum to assess your strengths and opportunities as a leader
- Learn from industry experts while expanding your network with guest lectures and business events
- Explore opportunities and hear from talent management experts at our Enterprise and Employability Week events, professional networking events and job fairs
- Tap into our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
- Get access to Chartered Management Institute (CMI) materials throughout the course, including useful articles and scenarios
- chief executive
- global director
- general manager
- programme manager
- business consultant
- finance director
What you'll study The course structure includes 8 subject modules and 1 project module that focuses on professional development. Modules Year 1 Core modules include: Coaching for Leaders and Managers Corporate Communications Financial Management Strategic Leadership and Change Strategic Management Year 2 Core modules include: Applied Learning Project Coaching for Leaders and Managers Innovation, Enterprise and Entrepreneurism Strategy Development in Uncertainty We use the best and most current research and professional practice alongside feedback from our students to make sure course content is relevant to your future career or further studies. Therefore, some course content may change over time to reflect changes in the discipline or industry. Learning support As well as support by faculty teaching staff and your personal tutor, you can use the University’s Academic Skills Unit (ASK). ASK provides one-to-one support in areas such as: academic writing note taking time management critical thinking presentation skills referencing working in groups revision, memory and exam techniques Teaching Teaching on this course includes: lectures seminars business simulations group discussions case studies Teaching is structured to encourage you to analyse complex problems, evaluate opportunities and risks, propose solutions and plan their implementation. All teaching draws on current management research and practice and the pace of learning enables you to focus on your learning in the MBA classroom, then apply what you've learnt in the workplace.
Applicants may be subject to interview and/or be asked to submit a portfolio in support of their application.
How to apply
International applicants not accepted.
A second-class honours degree (or equivalent, including professional qualifications), not necessarily in a business related subject, plus at least 3 years of work experience at a professional or managerial level. Alternatively, applicants without formal qualifications, but with a minimum of 5 years of management experience, are welcome to apply. Applicants may be subject to interview and/or be asked to submit a portfolio in support of their application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5||English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.|
|PTE Academic||61||An overall score of 61 with a minimum of 54 in each skill.|
|TOEFL (iBT)||91||91 with a minimum of 20 in Reading, 19 in Listening, 21 in Speaking and 20 in Writing|
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course