Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
From football matches to music festivals, with the biggest crowds come a range of risks. This masters course is all about mitigating those risks and managing security – teaching you the science behind protecting the public. Designed for professionals, it’s a perfect fit if you’re already working in the field and you’re looking to progress to the top, or if you work in another area but your ambitions lie in a specialist crowd management role. You’ll get to grips with the way crowds work, explore the anatomy of major incidents and learn the techniques to help you control crowds safely, with real-time decision support tools. From there, you’ll be ready to tackle your masters-level dissertation – choosing the topic, carrying out research and producing a detailed report. Learn from a leading expert You’ll be taught by Professor Keith Still who develops training for first responders, emergency planners, and police forces in India, Dubai, Australia and Europe. Over the last three decades, he has consulted on extremely challenging crowd safety projects including President Trump’s Inauguration and the Royal Wedding. By the time you graduate, you’ll understand how to mitigate risk and protect the public. Your skills will be sought after by employers in the police, civic and public administration, security, and more. Features and Benefits
- Triple crown - study with a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Unique course – this course is one of the only qualifications in the country that specialises in this important and growing area of public safety.
- Flexible study – distance learning means you can fit your studies around your existing commitments.
- Leading industry specialist – learn from Professor Keith Still, an expert in crowd science with 30+ years of experience.
- Live project – working alongside Professor Still, you’ll put your skills into action with a real client and get a key insight into this demanding field of work.
- Online virtual learning environment – study with peers around the world. Working in similar roles to you, you’ll share international best practice and perspectives.
- Transferable skills – we’ll equip you with a range of skills that are relevant to a number of industries – from security to health and safety.
- Global opportunities – our graduates work across the globe on major events, including The US Super Bowl, Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding in the UK and New Year’s Eve events in Dubai.
You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent. We will also consider your application if you have extensive professional experience in managing crowds, or in a management role with considerable relevant responsibility. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course