The course makes use of London as an inspirational fashion city with field trips to museums and galleries such as the world famous Victoria and Albert museum and the Fashion and Textiles museum in addition to observational research in a range of market segments and product categories. In addition, the course will undertake extended field trips to European and/or international destinations in line with the course and module outcomes. Top-up programmes allow entry to the final year of a BA degree programme for students who already hold a Level 5 qualification in a related field who have a sound background of study and knowledge. Your main study themes are:
- Exposure to a fashion studio equipped with Apple Mac computers boasting the latest design software and dedicated work spaces.
- Learn from a talented and dynamic teaching team with expertise in design, production, retail and digital communications across bespoke, high street and luxury fashion.
- Benefit from regular guest lectures and field trips. Recent guest speakers have included Stylists, Researchers, Fashion Journalists and Product Developers from SME’s (high street and luxury). Recent international field trips have included Paris and Copenhagen.
- Study in the heart of the City of London; the location offers a fantastic opportunity to explore the world of fashion, from up-and-coming designers and their pop-up shops, to global trend laboratories and the home of some of the leading names of the high street and luxury fashion brands in the world.
Your main study themes are: Internationalisation – Deepen your understanding of the local-yet-global nature of fashion, and how to manage key globalisation issues such as the supply chain, ethics and sustainability. Innovation – Explore the extent to which fashion is about ‘the new’, against a backdrop of changing technologies, materials and consumers trends, and how to keep a fashion brand relevant. Brand – Understand key principles of brands and how they engage with both businesses and consumers. Consider how to manage brands for long-term success within the context of short-term trends. Strategy – Learn to take a strategic and sustainable approach to business: fashion concepts need the investment of time, skill and capital to transform them into enduring business successes. For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Coventry University London
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
HND or successful completion of 2 years appropriate academic study in Higher Education. All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222