Course overview Studying for this Top Up degree you will explore the ways in which public services affect all our lives and prepare yourself for a thriving career in this field. The degree supports you in meeting the demand for public service employees to be critical, imaginative, resourceful and to have the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals. Why study with us
- Improve on your foundation or HND qualification in just one year and develop academic and practical skills which will equip you for a successful career in public services.
- There are opportunities to get involved in designing, planning and delivering local conferences and symposiums held by the Public Services team.
- Lectures from invited guest speakers who have invaluable insights and experiences to share. Past guest speakers have included Stephen Brookes MBE, Disability Champion for Rail Sector for Disabled People and the Minister for Disabled People and Steph Holmes Founder and CEO at Chrysalis Transsexual Support Groups.
- Hear from guest speakers and have the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice by undertaking relevant work experience.
- Learn about the crucial role of public services in the criminal justice system, education, politics and welfare and discover how you could make a positive difference in your future career.
- Develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to work in different areas of the public services. Past students have gone on to work in the criminal justice sector (prison service and police), in fire and rescue.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding