Whether you want to manage artists, organise festivals or promote your music, this course will give you the skills to make your mark in the music industry. Prepare to enter the thriving music industry, part of the growing UK creative economy that employs millions nationwide. As part of your course you’ll:
- Explore ways of turning your passion into a rewarding career
- Develop a deep-rooted knowledge of different facets of the industry
- Learn about key areas of the music industry, including marketing, developing online content, managing live music events, copyright and HR
- Taught by academic staff with a wealth of industry experience
- Get involved in real-world projects
- Opportunity to take a ‘sandwich’ year of paid employment in industry to build your skills and experience
- Our partnership with the Music Academic Partnership will give you access to careers advice and work experience opportunities with organisations including Live Nation, the Association of Independent Music and PRS for Music
- Study within one of the largest university arts communities in the north
- Access to dedicated music studios, Foley studios, dubbing and music recording studios, acoustic labs and a host of post-production suites in the new Leeds School of Arts Building
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Introduction to the Music Industries
- Artist Management
- Music & Entertainment Marketing
- Online Content for the Music Industries
- Music Industries in Context
- Professional Practice 1: Employability Skills
- Managing People in Music & Entertainment Organisations
- Copyright & Law in Music Industries
- Music, Politics & Society
- Live Event Planning & Management
- Professional Practice 2: Research and Supervision Skills
- Innovation in Music Business
- Major Independent Project
- Professional Practice 3: Consultancy Project
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|