Want to boost your career in the IT, engineering, manufacturing, construction or the nuclear industries? With us, you can top up your foundation degree to achieve a full honours level qualification. Our course has been designed around the requirements of professional bodies, including the Association for Project Management (APM), so that you learn all the graduate-level and profession-relevant skills that you need for a successful career in project management. The course also focuses on your personal development, with opportunities to improve your communication and leadership skills to develop the confidence that you need as a practising project manager. Why Choose University of Cumbria You’ll learn the project management techniques that employers demand from you and your knowledge will be up to date with the latest guidance from the APM. Academic theory, in areas such as project management methodologies, project management case studies and leadership skills, will be backed-up with hands-on practical sessions and examples to boost your confidence and employability.
- Prepares you for the syllabus for the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) and the APM Project Management Qualification
- Opportunity for work-based placements
- Tutors are experienced in providing continuous professional development courses
- Academic staff have diverse backgrounds with project-related experience across different sectors
- We get to know you well and support you throughout your studies
- Kept up to date with the latest industry practices through guest lectures by current professionals
- Site visits and case studies give you a good insight into the profession
- Learn about project management techniques and get to grips with current professionally-used software to boost your employment chances
- Our links with local, regional and national businesses and the Association for Project Management North West Branch give you good networking opportunities
- Our students have won awards for working with local projects, depicting the positive contribution of project management to bring community benefits
Year one - Compulsory modules: Dissertation / Case Study Analysis, Programme and Portfolio Management, Project Leadership, Governance and Risk Management, Management & Control of Projects.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Fusehill Street
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant subject.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|