Our course integrates business issues with the management of people, helping you apply your learning to real life scenarios. You will explore the diverse role Human Resources (HR) plays in organisations, from small businesses through to global corporations. There is also the option to complete a year’s work placement to prepare you for your future career. Our BA Hons Human Resource Management course is approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the professional body for HR and people development. The benefit of this for you is:
- Upon successful completion of the BA Hons Human Resource Management course and the approved modules, you will be eligible for Associate membership of the CIPD (CIPD membership fee and criteria applies). Associate members can use the designatory letters ‘Assoc CIPD’ after their name.
- The programme also includes additional accreditation of the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management, upon successful completion of the programme and the approved modules.
- There will be opportunities to network with those already working in HR as well as attending CIPD branch events to enhance your professional network, personal knowledge and skills.
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- At UON we guarantee a room in our Halls of Residence for all new full-time, first year students who apply and accept their room offer by June 2024 - and we won't ask for a deposit for September 2024*.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop** to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
Stage One • Future Focused Organisations (Compulsory) • Exploring Professional Practice (Compulsory) • Culture and Behaviour (Compulsory) • Employee Lifecycle (Compulsory) • Workplace Well-being (Compulsory) Stage Two • Evidenced-Based Practice (Compulsory) • The Changing Organisation (Compulsory) • Value Creation in Human Resource Management (Compulsory) • Developing Professional Practice (Compulsory) • Talent Management (Compulsory) • Optional Placement Year • The Placement Year Experience: Organisations in Context (Compulsory) • Stage Three • Human Resource Management Project (Compulsory) • The Strategic Environment of HRM (Compulsory) • Sustainable and Ethical People Practices (Compulsory) • Transition into the Workplace (Compulsory) • The Global Context of HRM (Compulsory). Module information is quoted for 23/24 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly. 24/25 entry modules will be released in June 2024.
You will be assessed using a variety of assessments including (but not limited to) reports, personal reflection, essays, presentations, posters, portfolios, research projects, dissertation, practical work simulations and examinations. A variety of different assessment methods are used to develop your knowledge and skills. Not all modules are examination assessed. Some modules contain group-based assessments, where the grade awarded for the assessment task, is awarded to all members of the group.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Personnel and Development, Chartered Institute of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding