What makes an Integrated Masters in Biology at Worcester special? Biology is one of the most actively changing subjects in the sciences, with biologists constantly seeking solutions to the many challenges that shape our world. On our Biology degree, we engage with the subject at every level, from the molecular level through whole organisms and beyond to their relationships with each other and the wider environment. The great thing about doing Biology is that you get to explore the whole of the subject in great detail. It means you have a wide choice when it comes to choosing your modules for the final year and especially choosing what kind of research project you want to take for your dissertation. So whether you fall in love with the subject at the biochemical level or whether your passion is about whole organisms and how they interact, Biology is for you. Key features
- Study Biology on a four year Integrated Masters degree in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Gain extensive practical experience and knowledge by working with academic and technical experts in new and refurbished laboratories using a range of specialist equipment.
- Obtain a valuable postgraduate qualification and enhance your chances when applying for scientific jobs or a PhD degree.
- Flexible structure: specialise in your particular areas, such as molecular biology or physiology, or keep your interests wider if you prefer.
- The opportunity to undertake an optional semester abroad.
- Follow your interests and career aspirations by choosing your research project – an MBiol in Biology allows you the full scope of the subject to choose your Masters research project working with the research interests of all of our lecturers
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course