OVERVIEW Technology is disrupting almost every area of business and the COVID-19 pandemic has only served to accelerate the change. As technology has increasingly become part of every business, data is key and businesses are striving to make the most of it in order to gain a competitive and lasting advantage. But technology does not just happen on its own; it needs professionals to design, implement and manage technology systems. Our BSc (Hons) Business Technology degree gives you the skills needed in a modern business environment. You’ll learn to identify business challenges, find technological solutions, manage technology projects and services, and analyse business data. This is an area that’s constantly evolving, so we’ll give you the tools to adapt to new ideas and new ways of working. Discover your talents With a wide range of topics, and the choice of optional units in other areas, you can really explore your interests. Business analysis, big data, app development, e-commerce, project management – whatever you want to specialise in, you’ll have the chance to develop a strong knowledge base. As well as vital business skills such as global strategy and technology management, you’ll also learn about some of the biggest technologies of today. Cloud computing with AWS, programming languages, and databases all feature on the course. Develop in areas that are in demand Many organisations are struggling to make the most of digital technology. They know it can transform their business, but they don’t know how. We designed this programme so you have the potential to support and eventually lead them through the digital transformation process. There is also opportunity to specialise in routes with more emphasis on technology development, data analytics, project management and social media marketing, all of which continue to be in high demand in organisations. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Start from scratch – you don’t need existing business or technology qualifications or skills to join us.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Placement or study abroad flexibility – you will enrol on the three-year course and decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies, so you don’t have to decide now.
- Supporting you in person and online - student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
- Practical projects – take on practical projects, including building a web or mobile app and a prototype ecommerce system. You can also tackle a consultancy project for a live client.
- Specialise in your area of interest - specialise further with our targeted routes through the programme, such as technology development or data analytics, and through your choice of optional units.
- Varied career options – this degree creates a host of career opportunities in business analysis, digital transformation consultancy, IT and project management, and web development, among others.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course