The BA Animation at Coventry University is for storytellers and artists who want to bring life to their creations through the application of movement. From the outset, this course gives you the opportunity to create a highly creative portfolio relevant to your chosen area of creative practice. Other benefits include the following:
- Our graduates will be expected to work as 3D animators, 2D animators, riggers, modellers, character designers, environment artists, story boarders, animation directors, writers and comic artists.
- The course cultivates a form of teaching where students experiment, exercise and practise. Our students explore, experiment and design with both analogue (drawing and primary visual research) and digital technologies and generate outcomes in 3D and 2D.
- The Animation team fosters inclusivity in character development and narrative, drawing upon the traditions of cultures from around the globe, both contemporary, historical and mythological, with considerations of race, age, gender, disability and variety of body type.
- The outward facing nature of the course. Professional practice is a key component of the course with scope to undertake placements and briefs that respond to the needs of the creative industries.
- A flexible approach enabling you to individually develop your creative practice and portfolio towards a wide range of potential career paths.
- Opportunity to develop skills and experiment with a wide range of technology and traditional media.
- Opportunity to take a placement or study abroad year2 (subject to additional costs).
- Teaching staff are industry experienced practitioners and/or research active. Staff have worked for a wide range of clients and on major arts funded projects. Staff bring this experience into the teaching environment through practical teaching activities and project work that is core to the curriculum - it also helps to maintain currency and professional alignment to course content. Staff maintain a continuous relationship with industry and have a significant and growing portfolio of collaborative and industry-focused projects that inspire student research and development activities.
We are making some exciting changes to our courses, and we want to get it just right so we can make your learning experience the best it can be. Please keep checking our website to see the great opportunities coming your way and learn more about what you’ll study.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course