Would you like to become an applied sport scientist working with professional athletes or promoting healthy lifestyles? This exciting new MSc is your route to a fulfilling career as a high-level sport and exercise professional.
- Tailor your studies to match your professional interests in sport and exercise science: you can focus on psychology, physiology or a mixture of both disciplines
- Select a Psychology pathway that has been developed with industry requirements in mind. The pathway has been endorsed via the BASES Postgraduate SEPAR Endorsement Scheme (PSES)
- Gain substantial practical experience in real-world settings, working directly with clients on applied placements and internships
- Benefit from the support of industry-experienced mentors, both within the University and in the workplace
- Build high-quality research skills and learn how to apply latest scientific finding in the work environment
- Draw on our wide-ranging partnerships with leading athletes, sports teams and sports organisations
- Make the most of our state-of-the-art sport and exercise science facilities, complete with cutting edge technology for measuring performance
Modules include: applied practitioner development; advanced research methods; advanced sport psychology; advanced sport and exercise physiology; independent research.
Students will complete both summative and formative assessment throughout the course to include written essays, reports and case studies, oral presentations, and viva-voce exams. Students’ will be assessed on their practical skills, their application of scientific knowledge to practitioner settings, and their ability to critically evaluate the role and requirements of an applied practitioner.
How to apply
International students should have an upper second class honours degree at undergraduate level, in a related subject or an international equivalent. If English is not your first language, you will need to hold IELTS 6.0 or above
Entry requirements for UK students: You will usually need an upper second class honours degree at undergraduate level, in a related subject. Entry requirements for EU/international students: International students should have the above or an international equivalent. If English is not your first language, you will need to hold IELTS 6.0 or above.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Clearing contact detailsNeed more information? Please get in touch.
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
University of Derby Admissions