Enhance your knowledge of the major fields in biomedical sciences. You’ll focus on self-driven independent laboratory work in our specialist lab facilities. This course will prepare you to take the next step in your career if:
- Your first degree is in biomedical sciences or a related subject, or
- You don’t have a degree in this field, but you have significant experience of working in a biomedical sciences laboratory setting.
- Develop expertise to inform and underpin your research activities, so you’ll be well placed to undertake specialist laboratory-based roles or PhD study
- Study wide-ranging topics, from immunology and haematology to medical genetics and physiology
- Be supported in your development through taught sessions and the guidance of your research supervisor
- Learn through a range of activities, including tutor-led lab sessions, independent research and group assignments.
- Bacterial genetics
- Membrane science.
- Professionally accredited course
- Specialist facilities
- Research-led teaching
- Access to guest speakers and visiting professionals.
We may use selection criteria based on your personal attributes; experience and/or commitment to the area of study. This information will be derived from your personal statement and reference and will only be used if you have met the general entry requirements. INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE IELTS: IELTS 6.0 with no skills below 5.5, or an equivalent qualification. The University provides excellent support for any applicant who may be required to undertake additional English language courses. Our University welcomes applications from mature applicants who demonstrate academic potential. We usually require some evidence of recent academic study, for example completion of an access course, however recent relevant work experience may also be considered. Please note that for some of our professional courses all applicants will need to meet the specified entry criteria and in these cases work experience cannot be considered in lieu.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course