Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
OVERVIEW Hospitality careers offer limitless opportunities across the globe. During your International Hospitality Business Management degree course you’ll study operational and management units that link to a range of career opportunities within international hospitality, including corporate events, conferences, and not to mention the broader tourism industry. This course specifically prepares you for studying our BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Business Management. It will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to study for an honours degree, even if you don’t currently meet the academic requirements. Once you’ve passed, you’ll be ready to start your degree course. That means your degree will take four years, or five years if it includes a work placement or year studying abroad. The full BSc (Hons) degree will give you a real understanding of the global hospitality business environment, whilst enhancing your operational skills and knowledge. We provide cutting-edge industry knowledge from our academic team alongside the more hands on learning with our industry partners. And what better place to start your learning than in a city that has such a vibrant and growing hospitality scene. You can decide whether to include a UK or international placement year, fully supported by the University. Or, you can participate in our international student exchange programme, all of which help to ensure you understand the theory behind your work. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Top 10 in the UK - we're ranked in the top 10 in the UK for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism, in The Guardian University Guide 2020.
- Triple crown – study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Funding support – you can apply for student finance (e.g. tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Adapt to university life – develop your study skills, prepare for a full degree course and familiarise yourself with life on campus.
- State-of-the-art facilities - learn in state-of-the-art facilities in our Business School in central Manchester, and be at the heart of a thriving leisure, tourism and business hub.
- Choose a placement or study abroad – the degree course offers real flexibility - decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||72 - 80 points|
|A level||DDD - CCD|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum 74 UCAS Tariff points.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DM|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||24 points|
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade D/3 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course