Strong management of financial performance and accounts are key to the success of any organisation. At Manchester Met, we will help you find new ways to deal with the issues facing businesses. Home to global businesses Manchester is one of the largest financial centres outside London, so you will have businesses like Deloitte and KPMG on your doorstep and plenty of opportunities to network with employers. We also provide training courses for HMRC, BNY Mellon and PwC staff, so our teaching is current and relevant to industry professionals. We teach them in areas of tax, auditing and financial performance management. Building your expertise We will cover a whole host of areas including international financial reporting standards (IFRS), corporate reporting, governance and risk management. You will also apply tools and models of finance theory to understand current challenges. Your dissertation will put your expertise to the test. It might involve working with an employer to investigate a business issue or answering a challenging research question. Past students have explored nuclear companies, exchange rate fluctuations, and alignment between performance measurement and strategy. Features and Benefits
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Study in the heart of a financial centre – Manchester is home to major accountancy firms and banks, including Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, EY, Santander and RBS.
- Industry experts – our teaching staff are experienced practitioners, active researchers in their fields and consultants to large accountancy firms. They will share their insights and connections throughout your course.
- A network of industry connections – we have links with the main professional organisations and we invite top practitioners from accountancy firms, banks, and accountancy bodies to give guest lectures.
- Postgraduate internship programme – an optional internship allows you to gain work experience in a business environment so you can put your learning into action.
- Flexible around you – this course has January and September start dates, so you can study when it suits you.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 6969