This top-up course enables you to gain an in-depth practical understanding of the role of human resource management (HRM) in today's businesses, which sets you apart in the world of graduate employment. The course involves extensive involvement from guest speakers, as well as a range of practical activities, role play and case studies, enabling you to apply your knowledge of HR to real-life scenarios. You’ll be taught by staff with considerable depth of human resource management experience from large employers such as the NHS and have undertaken research for professional bodies such as CIPD and ACAS. You will also be supported in your study by subject tutors and receive individual support for your academic and personal development from your personal tutor. You will acquire improved competences that will significantly enhance your employability in an HR role.
- Benefit from the extensive use of guest speakers. This enhances the practitioner and practical focus elements of the programme and brings an added dimension of current practice and organisational issues directly to the classroom.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and graduate with Associate Membership of the CIPD. We place significant emphasis on the employability and skills development in the area of human resource management to help students develop as a professional.
- Our staff underpin their teaching with a range of scholarly activities and work based professional practice and consultancy. Staff have undertaken research for the CIPD, ACAS and large employers providing students with an excellent quality of teaching and awareness of current issues in organisations.
- Undertake a range of practical activities to enhance the application of your learning to HR and managerial roles in an organisational context; this will include role play and case study activities. Evaluate actions and performance to enhance self-management, and devise plans to enhance personal and career development.
This course enables you to gain an in-depth practical understanding of the role of human resource management (HRM) in today's business environment, which sets you apart in the world of graduate employment. The course comprises extensive involvement from guest speakers, as well as a range of practical activities, role play and case studies, enabling you to apply your knowledge of HR to real-life scenarios.
For up to date details, please refer to our website or contact the institution directly
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Personnel and Development, Chartered Institute of
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Plymouth has a dedicated International Student Advice (ISA) service who will support you from the day you accept an offer at the University, right through to graduation. They will offer help and advice so you can get the most out of your studies, and your time in the UK, visit www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/services/international-students/international-student-advice for more information. Once you have applied through UCAS, your conditional offer letters will also be sent to you by email, so be sure to enter your current email address on your application and to check this email regularly. You'll need your unconditional letter, and the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) that we'll send you, when applying for your student visa to the UK. A tuition fee deposit will be required before we'll send you the CAS. We're a licenced Sponsor under the Points Based System. To comply with our duties as a Sponsor, we're required to check other aspects of your application in addition to your academic achievements, for example any previous studies, financial status and your immigration history in the UK. For course entry requirements (inc. English requirements) please refer to the specific page for the course you are interested in (www.plymouth.ac.uk/study). A recognised English language qualification (e.g. IELTS) would be required or successful completion of one of the University's pre-sessional English Language courses. Check our country pages to find out more about application from your specific home country www.plymouth.ac.uk/international/study/international-students-country-guides. International fees, please visit our fees and funding pages www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/fees. If you have any questions please contact [email protected]
Final year top-up please refer directly to institution on 01752 585858 or email [email protected]
English language requirements
|With 5.5 in all elements.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course