Our Bar Training Course offers a vital step in your journey towards joining the Bar, with everything from our learning technology to our academic team created to give you the expertise and experience you’ll need to pursue a future as a barrister. It’s a course rooted in real experiences. On one hand, you’ll have plenty of face-to-face teaching time, ensuring you get every opportunity to learn from a team that includes seasoned barristers, solicitors and members of the judiciary, together with active researchers and scholars who produce impactful legal research in the UK and internationally. On the other, with our innovative professional practice unit, you’ll be prepared for the demands of the Bar, under the mentorship of a practising barrister. We have a long-standing history of delivering Bar training in Manchester. Combined with the strong links we’ve built with the legal profession, both locally and across the Northern Circuit, this is a very professionally-focused course. Put simply, if you want to get onto the path to practice, this is an ideal environment for developing the resilience, confidence and leadership you’ll need to thrive at the Bar. Features and Benefits
- Specialist facilities for Bar students – apply your skills in a realistic environment with our specialist facilities including chambers rooms, a legal library and moot court room.
- Flexible study – with full-time, part-time and flexible study options, you can take this course over one year or up to five years, letting you fit your studies around your commitments and plans.
- Explore professional practice – with a unit focused on building professional skills, you’ll explore the realities of working at the Bar with the mentoring support of a practising barrister.
- A legal hub – Manchester has a dynamic legal sector, at the heart of the Northern Circuit of the Bar.
- Professional lecture series – bridge the gap between student and professional life and prepare for the Bar, with regular guest lectures offering insight from seasoned professionals.
- Moot court room – our state-of-the-art moot courtroom, opened in autumn 2021, supports the development of our students’ legal advocacy. Sitting in the heart of the law school building, it’s a major focal point in our law school community.
- Supportive community – the student Law Society brings together students from all stages of legal study for networking, guest lectures and social events.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page