Medical Science focuses on the cutting-edge science that underpins modern medicine, fostering new discoveries and technologies which improve healthcare. Learn how our bodies work, how disease is treated and how new technology is evolving in this field. Why study BSc (Hons) Medical Science (with Foundation Year option) at BU?
- Focus on the cutting-edge science that underpins modern medicine, fostering new discoveries and technologies which improve healthcare
- Learn how our bodies work, how disease is treated and how new technology is evolving in this field.
- Choose one of two possible pathways: Medical Science or Psychology-focused Medical Science - you can choose to concentrate on a broad approach or focus on the specific role of psychology in medical science
- Spend a minimum 30-weeks in a practical setting in industry in your third year, ensuring you graduate with demonstrable scientific skills and the ability to disseminate them. You'll be career ready, 96% of our graduates are in employment or further study within fifteen months of finishing the course. (source DiscoverUni 2022).
- Develop the ability to undertake your own original research for the benefit of medical science
- We have recently invested in new state-of-the-art laboratory facilities so that you will have the best possible learning environment for developing the necessary practical skills for a career in medical science and the various opportunities it brings.
- Developing augmented reality to transform surgical procedures
- Biopsychosocial - further research into the understanding of the human condition.
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Applied Sciences; Introduction to Biology, Introduction to Psychology; Mathematics in Science; Academic Study Skills; and Foundation Year Project. As part of the degree, in your first year you will study a number of units including Medical Science Skills, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Introduction to Immunology, Biological and Cognitive Psychology and Introduction to Medical Sciences.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information