This highly practical degree aims to educate and prepare you for a range of careers within the accountancy and finance professions or as general managers; it will give you a solid grasp of accounting techniques, taxation, financial legislation, financial management and business strategies and demonstrate how they are being applied in today’s business world. Our degree is recognised by the Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales (ICAEW). The curriculum and assessment is designed to impart the knowledge needed to pass the professional qualifications, providing a significant number of exemptions, depending on which optional modules you take. You’ll be taught by lecturers, some of which are qualified accountants with substantial experience in practice and industry, many with active research interests in areas such as auditing, banking, stock markets and return on investments. They regularly bring contemporary practice into the classroom, for example, monitoring relevant news stories like the furore around public pensions or executive bonuses, to stimulate debate and discussion. Throughout the course, teaching is designed to embed professional skills. You’ll have access to the one of the largest academic trading floors in Europe, which incorporates the best analytical, news and data platforms to give you first-hand experience of these industry-standard tools. You will use industry-standard business software packages, including SAGE and SAP. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in a range of activities which develop you personally and professionally. These include: online phase tests, such as ‘My accounting lab’ or BPP SCORM; and graduate assessment days, interview techniques and telephone interviews. Key course benefits
- Outstanding facilities include our trading floor featuring 42 dual screen Bloomberg terminals.
- Coventry Business School was ranked ‘excellent’ in 2018 by Eduniversal, an annual ranking of business schools in over 150 countries.
- Exemptions from up to eight papers of the professional qualifications from the UK’s leading professional accounting bodies, whose representatives have visited our students in the past to speak about the professions and give advice and guidance on how to secure a job.
- Practical focus includes preparing and analysing corporate accounts, as well as studying the impact of finance on real businesses through case studies of a diverse range of organisations, from sole trader partnerships to large corporations like Easyjet, Ryanir and Ben & Jerry’s.
- Designated Employment Personal Tutor (EPT) to work with you throughout your course. All our EPTs have previously worked in industry and have experience of being a recruiter; they understand the labour market, the skills employers look for and the processes used by employers to select candidates.
- Opportunity for all students to apply for an internship or sandwich placement, typically as a trainee accountant or in management accounts, which previously has included companies such as Tesco, the NHS, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), IBM, as well as a large number of small to medium-sized accountancy firms and organisations.
For details about individual modules please visit the course page on our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152