In a constantly evolving field, there’s a growing shortage of qualified cybersecurity professionals with the up-to-the-minute expertise needed to keep on top of the game. This cutting-edge course equips you with the knowledge and skills employers are looking for. Careers in the cybersecurity field offer huge potential for skilled graduates. This wide-ranging course is designed to develop the diverse skillset you need to identify and manage physical, natural and electronic security breaches and violations in all areas of cyberspace. Our cutting-edge teaching and training techniques give you a thorough understanding of security processes and practices as well as the complexities and challenges associated with information security; the legal requirements around information-security domains; and post-incident analysis techniques. Work-based learning and placements enable you to put theory into practice, as you build your ability to understand and analyse threat factors and multi-stage cyber attacks, and put controls in place to mitigate risk and impact. Why choose this course?
- It is fully aligned with BCS, CESG and IISP requirements, making your qualification highly relevant to a range of employers
- You learn from a dedicated team of cybersecurity experts, trainers and active researchers
- Learning approaches are practice-based and include work-based and placement activities as well as interactive demonstrations by academic staff and guest speakers
- You apply your technical cybersecurity skills using secure virtualised and containerised environments
- Your degree qualification balances technical and management skills, enabling you to enter careers across a wide range of security contexts
Areas of study include:
- Databases and Computer Networks
- Mathematics and Concepts for Computational Thinking
- Principles of Information Security
- Principles of Programming and Data Structures
- Cyber Defence and Information Governance
- Ethical Hacking
- Information Security Management and Emerging Technologies
- Switching and Routing
- Network Programming
- Wireless Communications and Networking
- Agile Project Management
- Incident Response
- Undergraduate Project in Cybersecurity
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course