With its strong emphasis on real-world and real-work experience, this industry-facing, entrepreneurial-focused course gives you the skills you need to achieve success in the business of film-making. The degree offers a business-based approach to film production, providing you with the knowledge and expertise you need to establish a successful career in this fast-paced, exciting field. It is particularly relevant if you’re thinking of starting up your own film production company. In your first year, you explore creating content; film production; and making images and sound. You go on to study essential skills such as freelancing; both fiction and non-fiction film-making; and writing for the screen. You also work independently on a special film project of your own choosing. Why choose this course?
- It offers a unique 70/30 practice/theory balance
- Study in our industry-standard production and post-production studio facilities, giving you a head-start if you wish to set up your own production company
- It gives you the skills you need in digital technology to be an independent film-maker producing low-budget projects, corporate promotions, event profiles and much more
- Learn from an academic team with key roles in the British film industry, many of whom have made documentaries and dramas for TV, cinema and gallery exhibitions
- Take on real-work creative briefs from the local film community - including Luton Culture and Clearhead Productions - as well as our in-house agency Media Junction
- Develop key transferable skills such as critical and analytical thinking
Areas of study include:
- Content and Creation
- Exploring Film Practices
- Film Production
- Making Images
- Making Sound
- Reading the Screen
- Becoming a Freelancer
- Cinema and Narrative
- Fiction Filmmaking
- Non-Fiction Filmmaking
- Writing for the Screen
- Contemporary Practices
- Post Production for Sound and Image
- Research, Development and Industry
- Major Project: Film
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course