University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview All Theatre, Acting & Performance modules are 'practice-based' (i.e. you learn primarily through participation in performance). All students have opportunities to direct, write, devise and design performance work. Alongside, you examine the cultural contexts of drama and the theories that have spurred its development and informed how we understand it. In Film Studies you are introduced to a wide range of film histories and cultures, covering everything from the Hollywood blockbuster to world cinema. You will study films from a variety of time periods, including recent releases. Key features
- All Film Studies modules are assessed by coursework, not formal examinations
- For those wishing to pursue a range of careers in theatre, including acting, writing, lighting and sound, directing and set design; a very stimulating and motivating course
- Theatre, Acting & Performance element of course predominantly taught in two state-of-the-art drama studios, fully equipped with lighting, sound, video and projection facilities
- Earn-as-You-Learn opportunities,
- One Theatre, Acting & Performance course strand addresses the needs of students interested in teaching, theatre in education, youth theatre and community theatre
- Opportunities to study abroad in the United States, Canada and across Europe
- Tailor your course to your individual needs with a joint honours degree
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page