Loughborough College has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
The BA (Hons) in Hospitality Management is a one-year top-up degree programme which has been designed to give you a theoretical and practical experience of the fast-growing hospitality industry. The modules on this course will provide you with the skills and experiences necessary for a successful career within the hospitality industry. This programme will allow you to enhance your current knowledge and skills in order to develop as an informed hospitality management specialist. Converting your existing HND or Foundation Degree into a full BA (Hons), this course seeks to enhance your abilities and broaden your understanding of industry processes. Your learning will include lectures, seminars, guest speakers, conferences, practical tasks at events, trips, peer-group learning and independent study. The programme provides you with an opportunity to study modules such as:
- Strategic Management
- Contemporary Hospitality
- Strategic Leadership
- International Marketing
- Induction and team-building
- Opportunity to attend graduate employment fairs and local events, festivals and conferences
- Opportunities to achieve additional qualifications such as the ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
- Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
- Loughborough College was awarded TEF Gold 2019.
- Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
The programme allows you to study the following modules: Research Proposal, Dissertation, Strategic Management, Contemporary Hospitality, Strategic Leadership in Hospitality and International Marketing Management.
The programme uses a variety of assessment techniques to ensure that you can demonstrate the range of learning outcomes. Subject knowledge and understanding is assessed through examinations, coursework essays, coursework reports, individual or group presentations, written evaluations, debates and posters will be used as other forms of assessment. These also assess a range of transferable skills, including confidence in academic written communication
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We welcome applications from mature students over the age of 21 and may be flexible in our normal offer if you show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience of working within the industry.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7395||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£7395||Year 1|