Develop into a skilled accounting and finance professional with impressive interpersonal skills. Flexible and varied, this course will thoroughly prepare you to meet the challenges of working in today's financial and business sectors. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Study a variety of topics in your modules to develop your employability prospects alongside your technical expertise
- Learn from staff with substantial professional experience through tutorials, seminars, lectures and group project work
- Benefit from a mix of approaches to teaching and assessment, including the use of industry-standard technology to make sure you become a work-ready graduate
- Access to industry-standard technology
- Links with professional regulating bodies and financial professional institutions will ensure your learning meets the standards demanded by employers
- High-profile speakers will share their experiences and personal insights through the Leeds Business School's guest lecture programme
- Optional industry placement which will broaden your real-life work experience and impress potential employers
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Business in Action
- Introduction to Accounting
- Corporate & Business Law
- Business Context
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- Management Accounting & Data Analysis
- Developing Professional & Employability Skills
- Business Ethics
- Intermediate Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Producing & Interpreting Group Financial Statements
- Strategic Planning & Control
- Finance & Investment Management
- Applied Finance for Enterprise
- Accounting Issues
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|