.You have an enquiring mind and enjoy debating ideas, with a desire to listen to and support others. You will explore the human experience across a range of contexts and lifespans. Discover everything you're capable of and develop the academic knowledge and practical skills you need to competently and compassionately help people explore their difficulties, express their feelings and work towards deeper self-awareness and understanding. On this course, you will explore human experience across a range of contexts and lifespans, from understanding the biological basis of behaviour to questioning the impact of social media on child development. You will learn the academic knowledge and practical skills you need to help make a difference in the lives of others. You’ll learn from industry-expert tutors through lectures, seminars and other learning opportunities. Accredited by the BPS this course will allow you to apply for a Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC), helping you develop the knowledge and skills you need for a successful career in Psychology or Counselling/Psychotherapy. This standout course adheres to the training requirements of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Upon graduation, you will be eligible to apply for individual membership of the BACP and apply for registration, subject to passing the BACP Proficiency. On this course you will...
- Explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences.
- Develop key knowledge, skills and abilities to help you prepare for a career in counselling and psychotherapy or related psychotherapeutic professions.
- Have the opportunity to choose topics and areas that you want to learn more about to tailor your learning experience.
- Be taught and given high-quality support and guidance by our expert lecturing team, who are active in research and practices.
- Have the opportunity to get involved in a range of extracurricular activities including sessions by experts in the field of psychology and counselling.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Fusehill Street
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|