Technological change and the digital economy raise new economic and managerial challenges for businesses and public and private sector organisations. Birkbeck is a centre for excellence in research and inspirational teaching in business innovation. Our MSc Business Innovation with Entrepreneurship, with a special focus on innovation management, is designed to help you understand the importance of innovation for rethinking management, business strategy, corporate assets, intellectual property rights, institutions, organisations, firms, entrepreneurship and globalisation in a changing world. It will equip you with theories, principles and tools for analysing and coping with business innovation issues. The course is also offered with specialisation in E-Business or International Technology Management. Highlights
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- The course is supported and informed by the cutting-edge research and professional expertise of our Centre for Innovation Management Research.
- Many Birkbeck students work in, or have professional experience, in the industries under consideration. This provides strong networking opportunities with fellow students and Birkbeck alumni, with potentially beneficial impacts on your career development.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
A combination of examinations, coursework, presentations and a 12,000-word dissertation.
How to apply
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses, foundation programmes and language support services to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification. We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
English language requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6225||Year 1|